Asian Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing (08.06.15)
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 grapefruit, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame or olive oil
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
In a large serving bowl, add the first 7 ingredients. Add fresh cracked black pepper.
For the dressing, place vinegar, garlic, peanut butter and sesame seeds. Add salt and pepper, to taste. With the blender running, add the oil in a slow thin stream.
Pour desired amount of dressing over salad. Toss well. Top with chow mein noodles.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market