Blue Cheese BBQ Burgers (06.30.15)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, divided
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Blue cheese dressing (homemade or store bought)
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Onion slices
- Pickle slices
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add half of the BBQ sauce, half the blue cheese, salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 equal amounts. Form 4 patties.
In a large frying pan brought up to medium high heat, add oil or brush on a grill rack, if grilling. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or to your desired doneness.
Mix together the remaining BBQ sauce, blue cheese and blue cheese dressing in a small bowl. Spread on the inside of each bun. Place a burger on the bottom of each bun. Top with desired toppings.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council