OREM, Utah - About 10,000 seventh and eighth graders are converging at a conference in Orem to test their tech skills.
It's all about learning what you can do with STEM skills, that's science, technology, engineering and math.
Several Utah companies are showing the children how these skills apply to real-world jobs.
The STEM Fest runs from March 25 to March 27 at the UCCU Center at Utah Valley University.
Seventh and eighth grade classes will attend through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The event is open to the public Friday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Students will have the opportunity to:
• Take flight in Hill Air Force Base`s flight simulator
• Maneuver BYU`s underwater remote operated vehicle through a 200-gallon water tank
• See the inner workings of a racecar from the Miller Speedway
• Learn coding basics from Google Fiber
• Complete a mission in the USS Mercury Mobile Space Simulator