Kale and Pomegranate Salad (03.02.15)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 bunches curly kale, trimmed, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 apple, diced
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients with ½ cup of the oil, salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the kale with a pinch of kosher salt and remaining oil. Massage the kale with your hands for 2 to 3 minutes until all pieces are tender. Add pecans, pomegranate seeds and apple. Pour dressing over kale mixture. Toss well.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market