Recipe: Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Asian Dressing
Chicken and Quinoa Salad with Asian Dressing
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 3 scallions, whites and greens sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions, set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ginger, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put the cooked quinoa, chicken, cabbage and carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.