Black Bean and Quinoa Salad with Mint Lemon Dressing
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen soybeans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Cook quinoa according to directions.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, mint, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Stir in quinoa.
Cook soybeans according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Cool completely. Add the beans, tomato, green onions, carrot, and black beans to quinoa mixture; stir gently to combine. Store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Sponsor: Intermountain Heart Institute