- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 can (28oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 10oz Snap Daddy Slappin’ Hot BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb. turkey breast, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
In a soup pot, bring the oil up to medium to medium high heat. Sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes stirring frequently.
Add the tomato sauce, stock, tomatoes, beans, cumin, Slappin Hot sauce, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add turkey. Cook for 25-30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- Diced Onion
- Warmed tortilla strips
Note: Cooked ground turkey can be substituted for the turkey breast.
Recipe courtesy of Snap Daddy’s BBQ Sauce