- 1 lemon
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound chicken breast (4 breasts)
- 4 buns, any kind or 4 squares focaccia bread split horizontally in half and toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large heart of romaine lettuce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, zest or grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Stir in anchovies, garlic, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set Caesar sauce aside.
Bring a frying pan up to medium high heat; add canola oil. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes of each side until done.
Sprinkle oil over romaine. About 5 minutes before chicken is done, add romaine to grill rack. Grill about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally and transferring romaine to platter as they are done.
To serve, spread some of the Caesar sauce on the inside of each bun half. Place a chicken breast on each, some of the romaine and divide the remaining parmesan cheese on each.
Sponsor: Dan's Market