- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3/4 pound sea scallops or 12 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 NY strip, filet mignon or tenderloin steaks
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat or heat an indoor grill to high heat.
Mix lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the oil, thyme, salt and pepper. If using scallops, cut in half if over 1 inch in diameter. Thread scallops or shrimp and tomatoes alternately on each of four 10-inch skewers. Brush with lemon juice mixture. Set aside.
Season steaks generously with salt and pepper on each side. Grill for 4-8 minutes on each side depending on the thickness and desired doneness. Remove from grill. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Five minutes before steaks are done, grill skewers uncovered over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, brushing frequently with lemon juice mixture and turning once, until scallops are white or shrimp are pink and firm.
Plate and serve steak and scallop or shrimp skewers together.