coolschool_80x80
Nominate Your Cool School

Big Budah visits a Cool School each week!

Toddler dies after TV falls on top of him

Posted on: 7:07 pm, February 11, 2014, by , updated on: 12:05pm, February 12, 2014

toddler death

MAGNA — A toddler is dead after a 32-inch television fell on top of him, officials said Tuesday evening.

The accident occurred at approximately 5:45 p.m. at a Magna home where Samuela Kauvaka, 2, was with his grandparents. Kauvaka pulled the TV down on himself after the grandparents had left the room he was in at the time, said Lt. Justin Hoyal with Unified Police Department.

It is unclear what Kauvaka did to cause the TV to fall, Hoyal said.

There appears to be nothing suspicious, Hoyal said, just a tragic accident.

Kauvaka was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital, where he later died.

More information will be provided as it becomes available.

12 comments

• Mandee Doyle says:

My heart goes out to the family, So very sad :(

• SOOOO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TODDLER HE’S THE SAME AGE AS MY GRANDSON ,WHICH IS CLIMBING AND PULLING ON THE TV AS WELL SCAREY”

• Stacy Figgins says:

Our hearts go out to the family. Me and my husband would like to donate a casket to the family, if some one would call us we can help.
    stacy figgins 436-648 -2715

• Anj says:

Stacy that’s soooo very sweet you wanna help that family ..respect goes out to you I wish I was helped like that when my son passed :) what a good heart well I wanted to know if you guys are gonna set up a fund to help with that stuff I would like to pitch in. ; and I’m so sorry for the familys loss as iv said its a struggle to be strong an it sure is ..hang in there thinking about this gives me bumps its one hrd struggle loosing a child ..your fam is in my thoughts really again I’m sorry..alwats in my thoughts

• Prescott Family says:

Rest In Peace baby Una. It’s sad that your time here on earth was too short but our Heavenly Father needed you and so God has gained a beautiful little angle. Our love and our deepest condolences to his mama Ilaisaane Kavaka her husband and families. We are so sorry for your loss. We love you guys and we pray that the Lord will comfort you guys through this tough time. Ofa Atu ♡ :’(

• Anj says:

Gosh my heart hurts for this fam so bad… I’m so sorry

• permafrost says:

Unnecessary. You don’t think the family is already wracked with guilt over this?

• Oh bite me says:

So sad :(

• Kauvaka says:

thank you everyone. I’m the mother of the 2 year old. my family & i would like to thank you all for the love & support.

• pfritzler says:

Seriously?

• pfritzler says:

Really? Thanks for the info Sherlock. I’m sure the family hasn’t thought of that or regretted it by now. Your brilliance astounds me.

Comments are closed.