UPDATE: Electrical fire cause of fire damage in PG restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Submitted photo

PLEASANT GROVE — Fire crews responded to an iconic restaurant in Pleasant Grove Saturday morning to put out an electrical fire, officials said.

The fire at Purple Turtle, 85 E. State Street, broke out at about 7 a.m. Lone Peak Fire responded to assist.

Restaurant owner Clark Evans said the fire damaged the drive up and the two bathrooms. There was also smoke damage throughout the building.

Evans hopes the business will be up and running again by mid next week.

The Purple Turtle is known for its burgers and shakes. It’s a Pleasant Grove landmark established in 1968.

More information will be provided as it becomes available.

4 comments

Comments are closed.