- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable low sodium stock
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 Anaheim chili, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Cook the couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork. Cut the tomatoes in half. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside pulp and seeds; dice and set aside. Drizzle the tomatoes with oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Roast until just tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temp, then place on a baking sheet. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, onions, chili and zucchini; season with no salt seasoning and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes until slightly soft. Add the parsley and tomato pulp, and combine with the quinoa.
Fill the tomato halves with the couscous and vegetable stuffing and drizzle with remaining oil. Roast in a 375 degree F oven until the peppers are heated through. Serve the tomato halves topped with a few cheese crumbles.