RSL general manager hopes to have new head coach in place next week
SALT LAKE CITY — Jason Kreis left some big shoes to fill, and Real Salt Lake is hoping to fill the head coach position with someone familiar with RSL.
“We really want someone who is familiar with RSL,” said RSL General Manager Garth Lagerwey. “Preferably someone who has worked with RSL, either now or in the past. It’s literally part of the interview with the candidates we’ve interviewed. Are you willing to play the same way we’ve played? We want the same style, and we believe we have the personnel that is very well geared to that system.”
Lagerway understands how important it is to find the next head coach.
“It’s huge, it’s massive,” he said. “It’s not quite a Jerry Sloan level decision, in the sense that we are not 25 years into this thing, but those are some big shoes to fill and we’ve got to try to get it right.”
Lagerwey said he hopes to have a new head coach in place sometime next week.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Body found in Memory Grove, death possibly related to alcohol
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country