Police identify woman found dead in park
NORTH OGDEN, Utah – Police are investigating after a body of a woman was found in a park in North Ogden Thursday.
Paul Rhoades of the North Ogden Police Department said the body of Jamie Rothey, 37, was found in Barker Park.
Rhoades said Rothey was found near 2492 North Barker Parkway by two teenage boys who were walking their dog late Thursday afternoon. He said the body was found in an empty stream bed in a wooded area of the park.
Officials said there was no obvious sign of a cause of death, and he said officials are investigating the incident. The body has been given to a medical examiner to determine the cause of death.
FOX 13 News will have more information as it becomes available.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving