Bathroom fan sparks Saratoga Springs house fire
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — A family of six has been displaced after an early morning house fire Monday.
Firefighters said it appears that the fire was caused by the fan in the master bathroom. They said a child used the master bathroom during the night while the parents were sleeping. The child turned on the fan switch, but didn’t turn it off. The motor seized, overheated and sparked a fire in the rafters.
Fire crews from Unified Fire Authority, Lehi and Eagle Mountain responded to the house fire. It took crews 15 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
No one was injured in the fire. Firefighters said they were able to rescue the family’s pet cat and turtle from the home.
Crews said damage is estimated at $75,000.
The Red Cross is currently assisting the family of the home.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- 300 motorists trapped in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats