South Jordan library evacuated due to electrical fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A South Jordan library was evacuated Monday due to a reported electrical fire causing it to close for about an hour, officials said.

Fire crews responded to the South Jordan branch of the Salt Lake County library, 10673 Redwood Road. Crews did not see any smoke when they arrived but said there was haze coming from a utility room.

Firefighters discovered that a transformer in an electrical water heater had malfunctioned, officials said. Investigators believe a power outage earlier in the day may have played a role in the glitch.