Roy City police chief resigns
ROY, Utah — Roy City Police Chief Greg Whinham voluntarily resigned Wednesday, according to a press release.
Windham was initially placed on paid administrative leave while Roy City officials investigated anonymous allegations they received against him.
City officials said Deputy Chief Mike Elliot will serve in Whinham’s place pending a search for a new Chief of Police.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Body found in Memory Grove, death possibly related to alcohol
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country