Semi wrecks and leaks propane, officials close Highway 30 near Laketown
Image courtesy Utah Highway Patrol
RICH COUNTY, Utah – Highway 30 near Laketown is closed in both directions Saturday after a semi-truck carrying a propane tank lost control and went off the road.
Utah Highway Patrol officials said the semi went off the road at Sage Creek Junction just before noon on Saturday.
The tank has leaked propane, and haz-mat teams have been working to clean up the spill. The cause of the accident is unknown at this time.
Officials weren’t sure when the road would be reopened, but they said they hoped to have it open again by Sunday.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving