Michigan PG Trey Burke heading to Utah Jazz
SALT LAKE CITY – Michigan point guard Trey Burke is headed to the Utah Jazz.
Burke was selected by the Minnesota Timberwolves with the ninth overall pick in Thursday night’s NBA Draft, but Burke will head to the Jazz in exchange for Shabazz Muhammad, picked at number 14, and Gorgui Dieng, picked at number 21.
The 6-foot, 187 pound guard was named the NCAA’s most outstanding player this season and received the Wooden Award. He averaged 18.6 points per game with the Wolverines.
The Jazz finished 43-39 last season, barely missing the playoffs. They go into the 2013-2014 season with longtime coach Jerry Sloan returning as a senior basketball adviser.
Overall, USA Today gave the Jazz an “A” for their 2013 NBA Draft picks. Read more here.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Viral Video: Father sick of 'Let it Go'
- USDA: Recalled beef may have reached 35 states, 173 stores in Utah
- Malaysian officials: Despite media reports of crash, no confirmation, no wreckage
- Report: 2 charged after Mo. students find dead infant in cave