911 tape from Ogden church shooting released
FOX 13 News has obtained the tape of a 911 call made from the St. James Catholic Church Sunday after a man allegedly shot his father-in-law in the head.
Charles Richard Jennings, 35, faces multiple charges after he allegedly entered the church and shot his father-in-law, James Evans, in the head and then stole a truck and fled the scene. He was arrested several hours later. Evans remains in the hospital, although hospital officials said his condition has gone from critical to fair.
The 911 call is transcribed below.
Caller: “Oh my God. Oh my God. Hello?”
Dispatcher: “What’s the address?”
Caller: “There’s an emergency at St. James.”
Caller: “What’s the address, do you know? St. James Catholic Church. Somebody’s been shot.”
Dispatcher: “Where they arguing or anything?”
Caller: “No, he just came in, and he shot him.”
Dispatcher: “OK. OK. Where is the dad at? Where in the church is he?”
Caller: “He’s laying on the bench, he’s laying on the bench.”
Detectives are still investigating to determine whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the incident. Father Erik Richtsteig of St. James Catholic Church spoke about the shooting Monday, during which he said a liturgy of reparation will be preformed at the church to rid it of evil.
Related Story: More details emerge regarding Ogden church shooting suspect
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base