Man killed in accident on I-70
SALINA, Utah – A man was killed in a car accident on I-70 near mile post 82 on Monday morning.
Utah Highway Patrol officials identified the victim as 58-year-old Steve Johnson of Aureila, Iowa.
Witnesses said Johnson was speeding when he came to a curve in the road and rolled his pickup truck. Police officials said the truck rolled down an embankment and into a dry creek bed lined with large rocks. The man was wearing a seat belt, but police said he was killed instantly in the wreck. The accident occurred around 8:20 a.m.
Authorities said they are investigating whether the driver was impaired on prescription medications.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Washington woman unknowingly live-tweets husband's death
- Utah Supreme Court considers overturning child killer's conviction
- University of Utah resolves natural gas issue
- Shocking new gun control ad released around Newtown anniversary