Woman killed in San Juan Co. climbing accident
SAN JUAN COUNTY, Utah – A California woman was killed after falling 20 feet in San Juan County Tuesday evening.
San Juan County officials say 19-year-old Christina Allen, from San Luis Obispo, Calif., was at the Kane Creek camping area with her family on Tuesday night.
At around 8 p.m., Allen was sitting on a large sandstone rock cliff when the face of the rock broke away, carrying her and several rocks about 20 feet.
Allen sustained severe internal and external injuries to her abdomen and pelvis. Search and rescue crews were able to locate her, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory