by Jennifer Burns, Utah Department of Health Diabetes Prevention and Control Program
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 4 (3-ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 cups spinach leaves, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high. Place beans in large pan of boiling water; cook 2 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
Combine vinegar, mustard, oil, shallots, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl, stirring well with whisk; set aside. Lightly coat each fillet with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish, skin side up, on grill rack; cook approximately 4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness of cut and desired doneness.
Arrange 1 cup spinach in each of 4 bowls; top with onion, egg slices, tomatoes and beans. Top with salmon; drizzle with dressing.