Utah Girl Scouts collaborate with U. students on cabin design
SALT LAKE CITY — Girl Scouts of Utah collaborated with the University of Utah’s College of Architecture to design their new cabins, and the results were revealed Saturday.
“Our leadership girls began this program in October and met about five times with the university students and provided input in various areas,” said Lisa Hardin-Reynolds, Girl Scouts of Utah.
The Girl Scouts, some as young as seven years old, gave their input on design elements such as paint color, wall coverings, window sizes, bed placement and bathroom facilities.
Three cabins have already been built at the organization’s Trefoil Ranch in Provo Canyon. Three more are expected to be built by the end of the summer.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory