Sequestration forces L-3 layoffs
SALT LAKE CITY – Nearly 200 workers at L-3 Communications West are being laid of because of sequestration.
One hundred ninety workers of the 4,400 in Utah are being laid off. They come from operations, administration, engineering, technical and professional areas.
L-3 spokesman Stephen Jenny says the cuts are a result of the defense spending cuts and short-term cuts thanks to sequestration.
Jenny says the workers are being offered a severance package and the company has hired a company to help laid-off workers find new jobs.
L-3 Communications West develops and manufactures communication systems, primarily for the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving