3-year-old cancer patient gets a helicopter ride thanks to Make-a-Wish
OGDEN, Utah – A 3-year-old boy’s dream came true on Thursday night thanks to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
Ty Stevens and his family received a helicopter tour through Ogden City from Whirlybird Helicopters on Thursday.
“Once we got in there, and realized it started moving and his eyes got pretty wide and realized were about going up in the air. He didn’t really know what to think. He was pretty excited about it,” said Ty’s dad Shad Stevens.
The tour was supposed to happen next week, but Ty’s condition is worsening, so the date was moved up.
Ty was diagnosed with leukemia nine months ago, and last month they found out he also has HLH, which is eating away at his liver.
He isn’t a recipient for bone marrow, and Ty and his family are enjoying their last days as much as they can.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say