Lemon and Olive Chicken (02.28.13)
by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 15 black or green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Combine the lemon zest, 4 tablespoons of the juice and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat chicken. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.
In a large frying pan over medium to medium-high heat, add the oil. Sprinkle chicken evenly with the oregano, rosemary, salt substitute and pepper. Cook chicken on each side for 5-6 minutes. Three minutes before the chicken is done cooking, add the remaining lemon juice, olives, stock and parsley. To serve, spoon some of the lemon and olive sauce over each chicken breast.