Pretzels Three Ways (02.27.13)
by Jennifer Burns, Jamba Juice
- 10 cups water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can crescent dinner rolls or whole wheat rolls
- 4 teaspoons sesame seed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 apple, any kind, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 10 cups water and the baking soda to boiling over high heat.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water with fork until well mixed. Set aside.
Unroll dough onto work surface; separate into 8 triangles. Starting at shortest side of each triangle and stretching dough slightly, roll up loosely to opposite point. Bring ends of dough together; pinch lightly. Place rolls, 2 at a time, in boiling soda water; cook 30 seconds. With slotted spoon, remove from water; place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining rolls. Lightly brush tops with egg mixture. Top with sesame seed and pinch of salt, parmesan cheese or apple pieces and cinnamon.
Using metal pancake turner, carefully transfer rolls to cookie sheet. If necessary, reshape rolls into pretzel shape. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Utah ranked worst state for drinking
- Convicted murderer Martin MacNeill attempts suicide in jail
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory