2 arrested for trying to sell stolen revolver back to owner
SALT LAKE CITY — Two women were arrested Friday after they allegedly stole a revolver from a 58-year-old man and then tried to resell him his own gun.
Amber Romero, 29, and Brooke Alires, 26, came to the home of the victim, who was selling several items before he moved out of the state. The pair stole a revolver from the man before leaving, according to a press release from the Salt Lake City Police Department.
The victim was later contacted by a female who offered to sell him the stolen weapon. The man agreed to the deal and then contacted police, who responded and were waiting for the suspects when they arrived.
According to the press release, the two women arrived in a stolen vehicle. They have been booked into jail on several charges, which include possession of a stolen firearm and possession of a stolen vehicle.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base