Severely neglected horses found in Utah County
UTAH COUNTY, Utah – Nearly 100 horses in Utah County have been suffering from abuse.
The Sheriff’s Office found the animals in Spanish Fork and Mapleton, some so malnourished that the couldn’t stand.
Several of the animals were dead when they were found and others died soon after they were found.
Utah County Sheriff J. Tracy says this case is unlike anything he’s seen before.
“This has been one of the most severe and large cases of animal neglect and abuse that I have seen in my 35 years,” Tracy said.
The Sheriff’s Office is now making sure the horses have food and water every day.
Two people have been taken into custody. They will face dozens of charges of animal cruelty.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say