Girl, 2, dies in camp trailer fire
BALLARD, Uintah County, Utah – Fire officials say a 2-year-old girl died in a fire in Ballard on Tuesday morning.
Roosevelt fire crews say that when they got to the camp trailer located at 509 North and 1500 East, it was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews put the fire out quickly, then searched the trailer where they found the body of 2-year-old Makella Hardman.
The Roosevelt Fire chief says a spliced extension cord sparked the fire.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Body found in Memory Grove, death possibly related to alcohol
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country