Fire that destroyed Lindon building ruled accidental

02-06-lindon-business

LINDON, Utah — The fire that destroyed a Lindon office and warehouse on February 6 was declared accidental.

Investigators determined the fire started in the warehouse area due to the improper storage of combustible materials too close to space heaters, said a release from the Lindon City Police Department.

The building, located at 475 North State Street in Lindon, was the former location of Patches Ornamental Iron. The space was leased to a new import company and was full of new furniture, packing materials and other supplies needed to open the business.

In addition to the office and warehouse, an attached residential home was also destroyed. Officials demolished the structures at the time of the fire because the building was not structurally sound.

Fire damages to the structures and contents are estimated at approximately $3 million.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,318 other followers