Bowlers strike against breast cancer
SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns went to bowling alleys on Saturday to score a strike against breast cancer.
The 11th Annual Bowl for the Cure event takes place Saturday and Sunday at Bonwood Bowl, located at 2500 South Main Street in Salt Lake City. The event raises money for the local chapter of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
This event is sponsored by the Great Salt Lake USBC Bowling Association. The organization has donated more than $125,000 over the years to the cause, and this year they hope to donate $40,000.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say