Thoughtfulness is key for Valentine’s Day gifts
SALT LAKE CITY – We’re less than 24 hours from Valentine’s Day and last-minute shoppers are rushing to get their special someone the perfect present.
One of the most popular Valentine’s Day presents is chocolate, and it’s so popular that Cummings Studio Chocolates has a police officer on hand on February 13 and 14 to control traffic flow.
A bouquet of flowers is another favorite for the holiday. Pamela March, owner of Every Blooming Thing near 2100 East and 1344 South, says that you should consider yourself lucky if flowers are sent to you on Thursday.
“If you’re treated to flowers, it’s because you are so special,” March said.
But many shoppers are considering something other than chocolate or flowers for their valentine.
“Something thoughtful, something kind. Just a gesture is nice I think just time together…and chocolate never hurts,” said Linda Sims.
They say showing love and appreciation is more important than spending money just because you feel obligated to celebrate the holiday.
“I think it’s the attention, it’s a day to be able to show why you love them, to be able to tell them that,” said Matt Bowen.
Shoppers, both men and women, say being sentimental is the best gift you can give.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program
- 2 people dead inside house hit by rockslide in Rockville, officials say
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Another push for Mormon women to wear pants to church