SLC Marathon route changes for 10th anniversary
SALT LAKE CITY — It’s the 10th anniversary of the Salt Lake City Marathon, and organizers are changing the route—as well as doing a few things to celebrate the occasion.
Race Director Steve Bingham said some of the changes will include a new race medal and gender-specific race T-shirts. The route will also change, so the finish line will be located in Liberty Park.
“Well the Salt Lake City Marathon is in its 10th year, so to celebrate that we’re mixing things up, and we are going to change the finish line to Liberty Park,” Bingham said. “We’ve previously been out at the Gateway Mall, and now we’re going to finish in this beautiful tree-lined park.”
Runners who have participated in the race for all 10 years will qualify for special perks.
The Salt Lake City Marathon will be on April 20. Registration is open now.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving