Woman in critical condition after 3-car wreck
SALT LAKE CITY — A man and a woman are in the hospital after they were involved in a three car accident Sunday morning at the intersection of 400 West and North Temple.
Lt. Scott White of the Salt Lake City Police Department said the accident happened at about 10:45 a.m. He said they are still investigating the incident, but said it appears that a westbound truck rear-ended a car at a red light. The truck then veered off and hit another car.
White said the driver of the truck may have had a medical issue that contributed to the accident.
“He’s telling us he had a medical condition,” White said. “[He] May have passed out or had a seizure, and he wakes up over on the side of the road.”
The man and woman in the first car to be hit were transported to a hospital. The woman suffered head trauma and is in critical condition. The man has less severe injuries. There were no other serious injuries.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say