Fog suspected factor in Wasatch County 9-car pileup
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah– Dense fog in Wasatch County may have been a factor in a nine-car pileup Saturday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. near mile marker 26 on SR-189.
Officers said there was a dense fog in the area when a truck hauling a trailer hit a guard rail– blocking northbound traffic. Another vehicle couldn’t stop and crashed into the truck and trailer.
A van with a male driver and his passenger son stopped to help the other drivers. While the 15-year-old son was outside trying to help, he was hit by another vehicle. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance with a broken leg.
Several other cars couldn’t avoid the crash and hit the other vehicles already involved in the crash.
SR-189 was closed for several hours while crews worked to clear the area. It has now been reopened.
No other serious injuries have been reported.
- Officials report earthquake that was felt in Salt Lake Valley
- Experts, residents react to earthquake that shook Salt Lake Valley
- Hiker stumbles upon skeletal remains in Provo Canyon
- Suspect in Taylorsville homicide in custody, man had ticket to leave country
- Body found in Memory Grove, death possibly related to alcohol