Bloggers gather in Utah for design summit
SALT LAKE CITY — Fashion and lifestyle bloggers from around the world gathered in Utah today for the fourth annual Alt Design Summit.
The sold-out event hosted nearly 700 fashion and lifestyle bloggers, who came to Salt Lake City from places as far away as Australia. The conference is designed to help bloggers grow their ideas by attending various hands-on classes.
Gabrielle Blair, one of the founders of Alt Summit, described some of the classes available.
“There are practical classes, like how you might grow your community or monetize, and there are skills classes like Photoshop, and photography and even things like jewelry making that allow them to create better content,” she said.
Blair said this is the fourth year they’ve held the event, and each year it has been a bit bigger than before. She said the event helps people turn online relationships into real friendships.
“This provides a way for people to get together, for business reasons, but also just to make friends,” she said.
One set of classes was taught by Bernina, which manufactures sewing, embroidery and quilting machines. These classes allowed participants to create yo-yo necklaces, backpacks and jewelry stash bags. These design classes were presented in partnership with the do-it-yourself craft website Kollabora.
For more information about the summit, visit their website.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base