Police arrest intoxicated man after high-speed chase
MURRAY — Murray Police arrested a man for driving under the influence and evading police after he allegedly led them on a high-speed chase Saturday.
Murray City Police said the man hit a stop sign in his truck. Police said they tapped on the man’s window, and the man then sped away, but not before the officers smelled alcohol.
The suspect reached speeds of up to 70 or 80 mph during his attempted escape, which went for about three miles. Police said his run came to an end when he smashed into the fence of a home near 1100 West Coronado Way.
There were no injuries.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Man found frozen to death in South Salt Lake identified
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Man killed after semitrailers collide on freeway
- Video: Girl surprises deaf parents with sign language during program