Salt Lake County Mayor encourages students to advocate
SALT LAKE CITY — Ben McAdams, Salt Lake County Mayor, spoke to students Wednesday in an effort to encourage them to be involved in the upcoming legislative session.
McAdams met with University of Utah students for a legislative preview forum. He said his main goal is to help students learn how to advocate for their causes.
“Hopefully what this does is, as college students they become active in advocating for issues that are important to them, and that carries through to a lifetime of voting and involvement in public service,” he said.
Students will have the chance to hear from more legislators in a legislative preview forum on Thursday. The legislative session begins on January 28.
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Teen dies after medical emergency on flight
- 300 motorists trapped in Virgin River Gorge, officials say
- Nearly all of Utah under winter storm warning or winter weather advisory