Man arrested after pursuit through Utah, Salt Lake Counties
SALT LAKE CITY – A man was arrested after leading police on a chase through Utah and Salt Lake Counties.
UHP says troopers first encountered the man near Provo on Saturday afternoon when they were notified that a white pickup traveling northbound on I-15 wasn’t driving safely. An officer in Provo attempted to pull him over, but was unsuccessful.
When the truck reached Salt Lake County, a UHP trooper began pursuit at around 9000 South. The driver, identified as 47-year-old Kurt Patrick Terrebonne of Louisiana, didn’t pull over but didn’t attempt to speed away.
The trooper turned off his lights while waiting for backup then attempted another stop near 2100 South without success; Terrebonne didn’t attempt to flee but didn’t stop.
Two other troopers tried to slow Terrebonne’s vehicle while the first set up spikes for the HOV lane near 400 South.
Terrebone reportedly noticed the spikes and attempted to swerve into another lane, which was occupied by another trooper, hitting the patrol vehicle and damaging its driver side door and panel.
That trooper conducted a PIT maneuver as the vehicles were in contact, causing the truck to spin out and troopers to take Terrebonne into custody.
Terrebone was arrested on suspicion of DUI and had three warrants out for his arrest.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base