Man hospitalized after officer-involved shooting
MURRAY, Utah — An officer-involved shooting left one man hospitalized early Tuesday morning.
It happened around 2 a.m. after police received a call of a suicidal person at 4543 Creekview Drive in Murray.
When police arrived, they found a man with what appeared to be a handgun. They say he started yelling at the officers and refused to lower the weapon.
“As officers were pleading with him to drop the weapon, the weapon was raised towards the officers and they had no choice but to fire upon him,” said Lt. Tom Martin, Murray Police Department. “The suspect was hit, it looks like twice.”
The weapon turned out to be a pellet gun.
The suspect was conscious and breathing when he was taken to the hospital.
Witnesses say he was staying in a house near the area, but not permanently. They do not know what caused him to become upset.
Police said there were other people in the house, but they were not involved in the shooting and were not injured.
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment
- Oklahoma tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble [VIDEO]
- Thrift shop clothes punishment for bullying tween gets mixed reviews
- Teen featured in viral video dies-- leaves incredible message behind
- Viral music video laments lowered LDS missionary age