RMP offers incentive program for solar panel installation
SALT LAKE CITY – Rocky Mountain Power is encouraging local homeowners and businesses to install solar panels.
Utah’s biggest power provider says that in the next five years, they plan to give customers $50 million to install solar power.
“We get significant sunshine in Utah for about 300 days a year so we want to help our customers put this renewable energy to good use by generating solar power, reducing their environmental footprint and saving money on their power bills,” said Jeff Hymas with RMP.
Anyone interested needs to apply online between Jan. 15 and 28. Residents along the Wasatch Front must also be a part of the Cool Keeper program.
Customers will be chosen on a lottery basis for the financial assistance.
Homeowners can get up to $5,000 and small businesses up to $25,000. Solar customers will also get paid for energy their panels put back into the system.
For more information and registration, visit www.rockymountainpower.net/solar.
- Matthew David Stewart found dead in jail cell in apparent suicide
- Couple killed in motor home crash during family trip to Disneyland
- Investigation into West Point boys' deaths wraps up
- Wiretap warrants reveal new details in Susan Cox Powell disappearance
- Mom gives bullying daughter a unique punishment