Lehi changes road name over sexual connotation
LEHI, Utah — The Lehi City Council recently approved a request to change the name of one of its roads, and the reason might be a sexual connotation.
The city council unanimously approved the renaming of Morning Glory Road to Morning Vista Road in a December 11 meeting.
The name change was requested by a company called Xactware, who is constructing a new building on the street. Lehi City Council meeting notes say that the company requested the name change to fit with their “International Corporate image.”
In an article from the Daily Herald, Lehi Councilman Mark Johnson says the company was concerned about the term “morning glory” and its association with one of its unofficial definitions.
“Morning glory,” as defined by the Urban Dictionary, has a sexual connotation. The Urban Dictionary’s definition is a crude description of an actual medical phenomenon called nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT).
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base