Lawsuit settled in 2009 stun gun death
HURRICANE, Utah – A wrongful death lawsuit filed by the family of a man who later died after being shocked with a stun gun has been settled.
32-year-old Brian Cardall died in 2009 after Hurricane police used a stun gun on him twice during a bipolar manic episode.
The suit claimed officers shouldn’t have sued the stun gun on Cardall, who was naked and unarmed at the time.
The lawsuit was scheduled to go to trial, but both parties agreed to a settlement. The details of that settlement haven’t been released.
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving