Man arrested after allegedly trying to kill self, disabled son
SALT LAKE CITY – A father has been arrested after allegedly trying to kill his disabled son then himself.
Unified Police say 57-year-old Michael Martin said he didn’t want to burden anyone else with having to take care of his son after he committed suicide, so he wanted them both to die.
Martin allegedly tried to kill his son then himself by overdosing on prescription medication and sleeping pills. When the drugs didn’t work, Martin reportedly took himself and his son to the hospital.
Martin is in custody and the son is with his mother.
- Traffic moving again after hundreds were stuck in Virgin River Gorge
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Victim in fatal snowmobile accident was stationed at Hill Air Force Base