Health dept. issues annual hospital report
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Health has released its annual comparison of hospitals throughout the state.
“What this report actually does is it enables the public to act as consumers of health care,” said Utah Department of Health research analyst Zach Burningham.
The report allows people to compare hospitals’ performance in areas such as childbirth, deaths, heart attack treatments, patient safety and several other areas.
“The report is capable oF comparing on charges associated with the procedure, length of hospital stay associated with the procedure. And also, depending on the procedure, you can look at specific performance levels of the hospital,” Burningham said.
The report also benefits doctors and other medical personnel as it can help them recognize ways they need to improve.
You can view the report for yourself at https://health.utah.gov/myhealthcare/
- Video: Sandy Hook victim's mother shares emotional message: "Evil did not win"
- Video: Hilarious compilation of dogs too terrified to pass cats
- Charges against Aron Ralston, amputee hiker depicted in film '127 Hours', dismissed
- Video: Jazz Bear gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head
- Man pulls prank on friend to teach him a lesson about drunk driving