SLC apartment fire displaces five
SALT LAKE CITY — An apartment fire early Tuesday morning displaced five adults.
Salt Lake City firefighters responded to the apartment building at 12:31 a.m. Heavy smoke and flames were seen coming from the three story building, and firefighters had it under control quickly.
One of the people who lives at the apartment building said she dicarded a cigarette into a garbage can on her back patio, which she believes is what started the blaze. The second story deck above that patio collapsed and the fire spread into the building.
Two apartments sustained heavy smoke and fire damage, and a third apartment sustained smoke damage.
Firefighters had to work around a live power line which had become disconnected from the building as a result of the fire.