Man injured in officer-involved shooting, chase
OGDEN, Utah — Officers from several agencies are investigating Wednesday after an Ogden police officer fired at a suspect. Officers said the suspect rammed a patrol car.
According to dispatchers, it started at The Gate at Canyon Ridge Apartments on Valley Drive in Ogden.
Officers responded to a call about a suspicious vehicle just before midnight Tuesday. They attempted to corner the vehicle. An officer fired at the suspect as the vehicle sped away.
The suspect was pursued to Logan, where Utah Highway Patrol spiked the tires of the suspect’s car.
The suspect continued to drive, but left a scar in the roadway that led officers to a cul-del-sac where the car was parked in the driveway of a vacant house.
Officers ordered the suspect out of the vehicle, but he did not comply with numerous orders. After a Logan Police K-9 unit arrived on the scene, the suspect surrendered and was taken into custody.
The suspect was injured and taken to a local hospital. He had since been transferred back to Ogden.
Police said they believe alcohol was involved.
The officer who fired the shot is on paid administrative leave.
- Police: Utah woman gave birth to, killed 6 infants in 10-year span
- Photos: 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse (April 2014)
- Boyfriend, neighbors speak about woman accused of killing six newborns
- VIDEO: Simon Cowell apologizes to 79-year-old dancing dynamo
- Pedestrian hit, killed by FrontRunner train, police say