IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Neighbors save disabled man from house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WEST JORDAN, Utah — A West Jordan home caught fire Monday afternoon, and fire officials say neighbors saved the life of a disabled man who was trapped inside.

The fire started at 5131 W Cobblecreek Drive. A 14-year-old boy noticed the fire and went to check on his older brother. Clint Peterson of the Unified Fire Authority said the older brother is a 26-year-old disabled man who is bedridden and unable to speak.

The 14-year-old ran to a neighbor’s house for help. Daniel Jaterka and his son Chris ran to the house and threw a rock through the window of the disabled man’s bedroom, then pulled him out.

The man was taken to Jordan Valley Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,813 other followers